Bobst Manchester Limited is a subsidiary of Bobst SA. BOBST is the world’s leading supplier of machinery and services to packaging manufacturers in the folding carton, corrugated board and flexible material industries. Founded in 1890 by Joseph Bobst in Lausanne, Switzerland, BOBST has a presence in more than 50 countries, runs 11 production facilities in 8 countries and employs over 5,000 people around the world.
BOBST Business Unit Web Fed Equipment includes vacuum web coating and metallizing solutions, as well as world leading technologies in gravure printing, flexo printing, and coating and laminating processes.
Vacuum Metallizing Products & Processes
BOBST EXPERT K5
– The EXPERT K5 Metallizer, the next generation of the successful K5000, has been optimized to handle the new generation of sustainable substrates (BOPE, MDO PE, CPE) and low temperature Heat Sealable BOPP films.
BOBST VISION K5
- The VISION K5 Metallizer can handle a wide variety of different film types including heat sensitive, thin gauge and the new generation of sustainable substrates (BOPE, MDO PE, CPE) and low temperature Heat Sealable BOPP films.
BOBST K4000 CRUCIBLE
– The BOBST K4000 CRUCIBLE is based on the successful, cost effective K4000 platform with the advantage of crucible technology for low defect metallized film. It can metallize a variety of material including Al, Ag, Cu and ZnS for a range of applications including high barrier food packaging and yarn manufacture.
– BOBST has developed an innovative approach to address poor metal adhesion through its vacuum metallizers, eliminating the need for chemically treated films. High bonding strength is achieved on any substrate with the BOBST AluBond® unique metallizing process.
AlOx Conversion Process
– The BOBST simple and efficient AlOx vacuum deposition process for single layer application onto clear films has been well-established in the market for many years. The result is high barrier properties with a thin inorganic oxide layer that provides excellent coating uniformity and transparency. In addition, the BOBST Integrated Solution for the conversion of AlOx transparent barrier films incorporates the application of an off-line topcoat to protect and enhance barrier functionality during conventional conversion processes such as printing and lamination.
– To meet increasingly demanding standards in the flexible packaging industry for barrier applications and products with longer shelf life, BOBST has developed DarkNight®, a unique and innovative process to produce high barrier metallized films through its EXPERT K5 and VISION K5 vacuum metallizing platforms.
– BOBST SelectMet® is a simpler and more cost-effective alternative to the traditional de-metallization process. The process provides faster, more accurate printing with metal onto film substrates and allows for the production of creative, high resolution patterns and greyscale images.
– BOBST Hawkeye is a monitoring system that at full metallizer speed, detects, counts and categorizes pinholes and other defects from 0.1mm upwards. Hawkeye sets the benchmark for in process control; bringing increases in speed and final product quality.
Key Sales Contact:
Regional Sales Director – Vacuum Metallizing
Bobst Manchester Limited
Phone: +44 1706 622 442